- Eyebrow shape
- Top lip
- Full face
- Intimate waxing – Brazilian or Hollywood
We only use Professional Lycon Wax for all hair removal treatments.
Using only the finest resins, natural ingredients and aromatherapy oils, Lycon delivers superior performance. Designed to make your waxing treatments easier and virtually pain free.
Lycon Hot Waxes are a low temperature formula, they shrink-wrap and remove hair as short as 1mm.
Threading is a method of hair removal for both men and women originating in India and Central Asia. It has gained popularity in Western countries.
Threading allows for a more defined and precise shape and can create better definition for eyebrows. It is also used as a method of removing unwanted hair on the entire face and upper lip area.
Preparation for your waxing or threading
Preparation for some treatments is key to getting the most out of your appointment. For best results, please ensure the following:
- At least 5mm of hair growth. For most this means no shaving or hair removal creams for 3 weeks before your appointment.
- No sunbathing or sunbeds or heat treatments are advised for 24 hours before your appointment.
- No moisturiser or body oils on the skin.
- For body waxing, please wear clean, loose-fitting clothes to your appointment.
- For facial waxing, if you are using any Retinoids in your skincare, avoid using these at least 7 days before you appointment to avoid any skin abrasions.
Aftercare is vitally important for many treatments to ensure you obtain and maintain maximum results following your appointment. The following should be avoided for 24-48hrs after your appointment:
- Swimming, Hot tubs, Saunas, Steam rooms.
- Sexual Activity (intimate waxing only).
- Use overly perfumed or scented products, deodorants, body sprays etc.
After the initial 48hrs following waxing, ensure you always wear an SPF on any areas you have waxed, and gently exfoliate and moisturise regularly (twice weekly)to avoid ingrown hairs where possible. Post wax products are available to purchase in salon if required.
The first few times you get waxed, you may notice a small amount of regrowth after a week or so. It can take several treatments for your hair to get on a cycle that gives the best results. Please don’t shave, tweeze or use hair removal cream between appointments. We recommend regular waxing every 4- 6 weeks for optimal results.